Notes from 1-10-03 AD meeting:
NOTES FROM JANUARY 10, 2003 MEETING
A meeting of the ICC Active Directory Subcommittee was held on Friday, January 10th, 2003. The meeting was chaired and called to order by Kevin Hill, at 10:00 a.m. in the Fifield Conference Room, room 1304.
PRESENT: Twenty people participated. Remote ICC participants: David Ayers, Jack Kramer. On-site ICC participants: David Bauldree, Benjamin Beach, Dan Cromer, Dean Delker, Joe Hayden, Kevin Hill, Mike Kanofsky, Claude King, Steve Lasley, Chris Leopold, Tim Nance, Marshall Pierce, Mark Ross, John Sawyer. Visitors: Chris Bushong from Dimension Data, David Gagne and Joe Gasper from Finance & Administration, Mark Palmer from the Provost.
NOTES: No minutes were taken. (Audio record of meetings is available online at http://icc.ifas.ufl.edu/AD/ADmeetings/ADaudio.htm.)
IFAS Key AD Design Requirements:
- AD authentication must not rely on WAN links.
- LAN resources at remote sites are always available locally (esp. student labs).
- Replication traffic is minimized.
- Current level of functionality (under NT4 domain) is maintained.
- No loss of local control for unit admins.
- Mechanism for oversight of policy and procedure affecting AD forest and domain function is established and participatory in nature.