ICC Home /
Peer Support /
Agenda for 11/14/02 ICC Meeting:
- Report from the chairman
Report from AD Committee
- Report from ITPAC meeting
- Reminder about the ICC FAQs forum - request for participation
Report(s) from IT/NS
- Kevin Hill/Sherry Hays: committee status
- Tim Nance: Security plan deadline upcoming; DC placement in the WAN
- Chris Leopold: to be announced
Peer Support discussions-tips and links
- Discussion on ERP project meeting.
- Discussion on UF AD meeting.
- Free Win2K DNS Training Course
"A training course titled Understanding and Troubleshooting DNS in Windows
2000 is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
This course provides in-depth discussion of Domain Name Service (DNS) as
implemented in Windows 2000, with emphasis on best practices for installing,
maintaining, and troubleshooting the DNS Client service and DNS Server
service in Windows 2000 networking and Active Directory directory service
environments. Detailed discussion of DNS name resolution methods and
namespace planning are included. Screen-capture demonstrations illustrate
key administrative, configuration, and troubleshooting tasks."
- WordWeb: free thesaurus and dictionary program
"WordWeb is a free version of the WordWeb Pro. It includes a comprehensive
English thesaurus and dictionary, and can be used to look up words from
within most programs."
- Active Directory in Application Mode
Microsoft on collision course with Sun and Novell for directory market
last edited 15 November 2002 by Steve Lasley