ICC Home /
Peer Support /
Agenda for 5/13/05 ICC Meeting:
10 AM - ICS Conference Room
- Report from the chairman
Progress on standing issues:
- New members: Mike Ryabin, Zahid Khan, Rick Stone, and Ron Thomas...
- A visit with Marc Hoit
- The importance of UFAD to IFAS
- Using videoconferencing for UF IT events
- UF IT cooperation with IFAS IT: access to the NMB API and modifying Gatorlink forwards for IFAS users
- Report from the May ITPAC meeting
Report from the IFAS IT Charter committee:
Report from the AD Committee:
- Microsoft support for IFAS: may not use UFAD’s Premier Contract and currently must pay $249 an incident through Professional Support Services.
- Status of ICC and ITPAC recommendations on standardizing IFAS e-mail addresses
- In need of administrative action: hire/fire procedures, "network managed by", FTE for UFAD, methods for end user maintenance/other informational notifications from IT
- Office Administrative Install Point vs. Local Installation status
- Proposal for migrating all IFAS subnets to private IPs
- Status of Remedy trouble ticket system for IFAS
- Making the ICC security group a distribution list...
- Proposal to upgrade all of IFAS to Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2003 Server by Dec. 31, 2005
- The wallplate
- Moving all IFAS machines and printers to DHCP from static addressing
- Approved list of IT/SA services vs. documentation
Report from the Network Security Committee
Report(s) from IT/SA
- Kevin Hill, chairman: AD general status report
- Chris Hughes, AD Lead: progress report
- Chris Hughes: Permissions Removal – http://itsa.ifas.ufl.edu/remperms
- Chris Hughes: Mail-Enabling all IFAS users
- Chris Hughes: Goals for completion by August 1st...
- Migrate from manual groups to autogroups
- Create scripts for each OU to create personal shares on appropriate servers
- Reduce shares to eliminate ones required only for Windows 98 (Username$)
- Fix permissions on shares to secure to IFAS groups only
- Fix permissions on shares to remove Full Control from non-admins
- Your input is welcomed...
last edited 12 May 2005 by Steve Lasley